Handling of Personal Information
- Handling of Personal Information
1. Company name, address, and name of the representative
1-63-63-6 Akabane, Kita-ku, Tokyo
Hirohiko Hirono, President and Representative Director
2. About policy initiatives
For the appropriate protection and use of personal information (information that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description contained therein), the company complies with the Personal Information Protection Law and all other applicable laws and regulations. It also complies with the guidelines and other standards set forth by the Personal Information Protection Committee and ensures that all officers and employees of the company are fully aware of the importance of protecting personal information.
3. Acquisition and use of personal information
In principle, the company will use personal information appropriately and only within the scope necessary to achieve its intended purpose of use.
4. Intended uses of personal information
We use personal information for the following purposes.
Personal information about our customers
- For customer identification and personal authentication
- To deliver products to customers and to settle payment
- To provide information on products and services handled by the Company
- To inform customers of new products and services handled by the company
- To provide campaigns, advertisements, and information to customers
- To send prizes to campaign winners in which customers participate
- To develop products and improve other services
- To conduct and prepare questionnaires and statistical data
- To respond to, verify, and record customer inquiries, consultations, complaints, or repairs, or offer support
- To send inquiries to customers
- Matters related to after-sales services
- To provide information such as newsletters issued by the company and other operations necessary for the execution of transactions.
- Distribution of behavioral targeting ads using ad-serving providers such as Google, Yahoo, etc.
- Analysis of attribute information, behavioral history, etc., obtained by the company to understand customers’ tastes and preferences, etc.
Personal information concerning business partners (or their officers and employees in the case of corporate clients)
- To make necessary business contacts, execute contracts, conduct business negotiations, etc.
- To manage business partner information
Personal information concerning shareholders (or their officers and employees if the shareholder is a corporation)
- Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under the Companies Act
- Shareholder management, including preparation of records in accordance with various laws and regulations
- Provision of information to shareholders regarding the company’s business operations
Personal information about job applicants and recruitment activities
- Communication and provision of information to applicants for employment and recruitment activities
- Applicant management during the selection process
- Other activities necessary for hiring and recruitment
Personal information about employees
- Business communications with employees
- Payment of compensation (wages, bonuses, allowances, etc.) to employees
- Various procedures for personnel and labor management, provision of benefits, etc.
- Employee Health Management
- Procedures required for business activities
- Sending newsletters and other communications
5. Shared use of personal information
The company may share personal information as follows.
- Items of personal information Address, name, date of birth, postal code, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.
- Scope of shared useThe scope of shared use shall extend to each company belonging to our Group.
- Purpose of use Shared use within the scope of the purpose of use described in 4 above.
- Name, address, representative, etc., responsible for the management of personal data. The company is responsible for the personal data to be shared. See 1 above for the company’s address and representative details.
6. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not provide your personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
- In cases in which we have received prior consent from the relevant individual
- In cases of outsourcing within the scope necessary to achieve an intended use
- In cases wherein we are required to provide the information by law
- In cases wherein it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the customer’s consent
- In cases in which it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the customer’s consent
- In cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with national or local governments or their contractors in the execution of their legally prescribed duties and where obtaining the customer’s consent may impede the execution of such duties
- In cases in which information is being provided to parties within the scope of shared use in 5 above
7. Items related to security control measures
We will appoint a personal information protection officer to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal data. We will take necessary and appropriate security control measures for the management of such data.
8. Requests for access to, or correction, deletion, etc., of personal information
In the event of a request for access to, or correction, suspension of use of, or deletion of personal information, the company will promptly respond to the request after confirming the identity of the party making the request through the prescribed procedures.
9. About security
When using TenmaFitsWorld, our online shopping site, your shopping cart is verified by a digital ID from GMO GlobalSign, Inc. All data entry and transmission in the shopping cart is encrypted between your web browser and the server using SSL encryption, ensuring that your information is transmitted securely.
10. About cookies (cookie)
Some pages on our website may use “cookies” to collect browsing history to provide services to customers, analyze users, and display advertisements so customers can use our website more conveniently.
A “cookie” is a text file that identifies your computer when you visit a website and is a series of numbers sent by the web server and recorded on your computer. It does not contain any personal information.
To provide more customized services, we may refer to your browsing history collected through “cookies” in connection with the personal information you have provided.
If you wish to reject “cookies,” you can set your browser to do so.
If you reject “cookies,” you can still use our website, but you may not be able to use certain functions.
In addition, “cookies” may be stored and referenced via a third party based on the company’s outsourcing of the delivery of advertisements to the third party.
11. Contact details for inquiries
If you have any questions or complaints regarding our handling of personal data, please contact us using the details below.
1-63-63-6 Akabane, Kita-ku, Tokyo
Personal Information Protection Consultation Desk, General Affairs Department, Tenma Corporation
|Hours||Monday through Friday (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and company holidays)
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Updated: April 1, 2022