The Tenma Group is committed to conducting business activities in harmony with the global environment. We promote initiatives that help prevent global warming, preserve biodiversity, and create a recycling-oriented society in all our countries and regions of operation.
Plastic materials used in our core business play a useful role in people’s daily lives, resource conservation, and energy conservation. Although our products support our lifestyles, we also recognize their environmental impact. As a manufacturer handling plastic products, it is our responsibility to help solve environmental and social issues by creating “a prosperous society in which people and plastics coincide in harmony.”
- We will promote environmental protection activities that observe all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and agreements.
- We will engage in environment-friendly business activities at all stages of the product life cycle, from research and development to procurement, production, sales, distribution, use, recycling and disposal.
- We will manage hazardous chemical substances appropriately and strive to reduce their environmental impact.
- We will help mitigate climate change by promoting the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and energy conservation.
- We will contribute to the formation of a recycling-oriented society by promoting the sustainable use of resources as well as the reduction and reuse of waste.
- We will ensure the proper operation of our environmental management system and continually work to improve its effectiveness.
- We will strive to raise the awareness of all executives and employees through education on environmental conservation and promote awareness-raising activities so that they can properly understand and act on this policy.
- We will promote environment conservation activities throughout our supply chain in collaboration with our business partners.
- We will strive to improve public confidence in our company through the proactive disclosure of environmental information, communication with local communities, and nature conservation activities.
June 9, 2022
Human Rights Policy
In line with our company motto, “Trust, Hope, Love,” the Tenma Group values the life of every employee and respects their humanity and human rights of all people associated with the group, including our business partners and customers.
We shall comply with the laws and regulations of all countries and regions in which we operate and shall manage our business while considering culture, customs, and stakeholder interests, as well as respect international norms, including human rights.
Scope of Coverage
This policy applies to all officers and employees of the Tenma Group (Tenma Corporation and its group companies). Furthermore, we will work with all stakeholders in our business to respect human rights throughout the supply chain to ensure we are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Human Rights Due Diligence
To fulfill our responsibility to respect human rights, we will establish and continuously enforce the human rights due diligence mechanisms required by this policy.
If we are found to have caused or contributed to any adverse effects on human rights, we will work to remedy or correct the situation.
To ensure all officers and employees correctly understand and follow this policy, we will engage in ongoing awareness-raising efforts and provide appropriate education and training to ensure the effectiveness of this policy.
Dialogue and Consultation with Stakeholders
We will ensure opportunities for dialog and good-faith consultation with relevant stakeholders regarding responses to actual or potential adverse effects on human rights.
[Approach to Human Rights Issues]
Prohibition of discrimination
We do not tolerate any discrimination based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, nationality, or birthplace.
Prohibition of forced labor
We do not use forced labor. We also do not tolerate any form of modern slavery, including indebted servitude or human trafficking.
Prohibition of child labor
We do not permit child labor and observe the minimum working age required by national and local laws and regulations. Moreover, we do not allow young workers to engage in hazardous work.
Prohibition of harassment
We will not tolerate any conduct that offends individual dignity, including sexual harassment, power harassment, maternity harassment, or harassment related to childcare or family care leave.
Occupational health and safety
We shall prioritize safety and strive to improve workplace safety while maintaining a hygienic environment according to the laws and regulations of the countries and regions in which we do business.
Respect for freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
We respect the rights of our employees, including the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
We at Tenma Group aim to improve customer satisfaction and believe that providing society with quality products and services helps enrich people’s lives. We will continue meeting customer expectations by leveraging our accumulated technological capabilities and quality assurance system.
- We understand the quality our customers demand and strive to further improve it to provide high-quality products and services globally, in addition to maximizing the excitement, joy, and satisfaction experienced by our customers.
- We will ensure the safety of our products and services, comply with all relevant international laws and regulations, and faithfully observe agreements with our customers.
- We will ensure the proper operation of our quality management system and continually work to improve the effectiveness of the system. In the unlikely event of one of our products being faulty, we will use our traceability system to trace the manufacturing, distribution, and sales processes to determine the cause of the problem and take countermeasures to ensure continuous improvement in quality.
- We continuously provide appropriate quality education and training to all employees to ensure that everyone possesses a high awareness of quality while continuously enhancing their understanding and knowledge.
- We will promote the development of technologies to help solve social issues and ensure technical expertise, which is the foundation of quality.
June 9, 2022